Tuesday 2 September 2014

Bookbinding and the Artstronauts Club

A few months ago a friend told me about the Artstonauts Club run by Teesha and Tracy Moore. It really is amazing. For $5 a month you get videos, articles, downloadable collage sheets etc. I love Teesha's artwork so it's amazing value.
http://www.teeshamoore.com/#!workshops/c120u

I've just watched some of the bookbinding videos which reminded me just how much I love making books. I've made Coptic-bound books before but this was a new stitched technique. The covers are made using Teesha's collage sheets and then acrylic paint. The spine is made from homemade bookcloth and then it's all been hand stitched. The pages are from  a cheap A3 pad of watercolour paper bought from B&M Bargains. I've left long threads at the moment because I'm not quite sure if I will add some beads later.



1 comment: